Sleep is a necessity of the human body that brings relaxation to all of the body organs, after a long day’s action. But the vital fact is that only a perfectly sound sleep may offer the desired result for the physical and psychological stability of someone. To the contrary, disrupted sleep may lead the body to experience horrible fatigue during the day, in addition to result in the absence of concentration and irritated mood.
But there are some essential oils that are known to work in generating sound sleep, curing all of the sleep disorders. These natural oils are all extracted from the flowers, fruits, as well as the timber of several types of plants and trees.
- Lavender Oil – This sweet-scented oil comes from the lavender blossoms, which has an exceptional effect to calm down anxious feelings. Just 1-2 drops of lavender oil ought to be added to the pillow or directly to the forehead, wrists, and feet of the consumer so that its soothing nature can help him/her fall asleep quite quickly.
- Roman Chamomile – Many men and women are used in the normal consumption of chamomile tea to health reasons. But this essential oil derived from the Roman chamomile plant is helpful in relaxing the body and head of a user. The soft herbal nature of the oil resembles the odor of apple to some degree. This sweet fragrance functions as a stress-reliever and reduces all negative feelings, such as anger, bitterness, and aggravation.
- Cedarwood Oil – This oil comes from the bark of the cedarwood shrub. It’s used for relaxing the agitated nerves, because of the natural sedative power. Aside from inducing a sense of tranquility, this oil can help in fighting common cold and distinct household pests.
- Vetiver – This oil is obtained from vetiver grass, which can be referred to as khus-khus in many Asian nations. It may be applied directly to the body skin for reducing psychological stress, resulting in sound sleep at night. Additionally, it works quickly in soothing mental traumas and psychological shocks. It’s used as a medication for the comfort of nerves and also to stimulate the circulatory system of the body.
- Valor -Its woody scent assists in maintaining balance in the nervous system, leading to increasing the physical and psychological strength of the consumer. Furthermore, it causes courage, self-confidence, and concentration. Hence, a few drops of the oil ought to be massaged on the torso, chest, feet, and neck before going to bed or might be added to the massage oil for a full-body massage.
- Orange -Once it uplifts the mood of the user and acts as an anti-depressant; this oil also known to have antiseptic and anti inflammatory properties. Additionally, it contains d-limonene, which is an antioxidant and consequently, aids in regenerating cells.
- Stress Away – Lavender oil and cedarwood oil are added to the helpful oil to make it a much stronger sleep-inducing agent. The sweet citrus aroma of the oil calms down emotions and leaves the user emotionally calm, by forcing out all anxieties and hard feelings from his or her mind.
The best way of using these essential oils would be to spray into the nostrils with the support of a little home diffuser. These oils may also be massaged gently on the neck, torso, hands, and feet, to cause quicker and sounder sleep.